Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day

Today, I celebrated Labor Day by laboring:

I spent the morning picking beans and surfing the internet for pickling recipes. Tomorrow I will venture into the world of mass producing "dilly beans." I made a test batch this afternoon to see how they taste and I think they will be totally YUM! By the time we leave for Portland on Friday, I hope to have several jars ready to enjoy later in the Fall.

I also labored over the decision of which wine to bring to Larson & Serena's afternoon Labor Day celebration. Serena informed us that the wine spritzer was the signature drink of the afternoon, we decided on a classy bottle of 2-buck-Chuck. Nothing says love, friendship and relaxation like a Charles Shaw wine spritzer. Serena prepared a variety of tasty snacks (that I forgot to photograph) and we spent the hot afternoon in their back yard.

As the sun set, I labored while holding my breath so I wouldn't disturb the 2-second exposure time required to capture my friends (and husband) in a non-blurry photo. Jesse never sits still, so this was quite a feat. In that time, I also captured quite a few photographs of my very still feet.

After satisfying our hunger and thirst, we checked our clocks and realized that it was only 8:30pm. Yet, we were all ready for bed. Also, we noticed that Larson was missing and Serena thought she smelled fire. Not to worry though, he was just really tired and fell asleep on their guest bedroom futon. I labored over the idea of what one might do if s/he were presented with a half-comatose man. Maybe he would enjoy a nice relaxing ear massage from Jesse? Or a soothing wet willie?

While those were all good options, I concluded that Larson would really like me to labor over a design for his future tattoo.

I labored so hard I cried a little. I really have a gift for body art.

1 comment:

Thecranewife said...

And bravo to you for all of your labor! I think I should add that I labored over which of Larson's new tattoos was best-- strangely, it's not the one you posted a picture of!