Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Progress

We've been unpacking at a steady pace and rearranging our exploded boxes so that there are defined paths throughout the apartment. Our rearranging and unpacking is only interrupted by feverish searches on Craigslist for furniture and bikes, which has been almost a full time job alone. I still haven't found a couch, but hopefully one more weekend of intense searching will yield some results.

Parts of the apartment are still a total nightmare, but scattered throughout there are pockets of order - like my reading/web surfing/lounging nook. It's not much, but for the moment it's all I have (there literally aren't any other chairs for me to sit on). Speaking of my cute little (wool blend) consignment store find, it's not a very friendly hostess given this blazing hot heat. Who knew that it would get to 90 degrees in Portland in mid-September. I radiate when I sit in it, and not in a good way. I'm afraid it might be made of some heavy duty combustible 1960s fabric and I might just catch on fire. Or melt directly into the seat. I still love it dearly, but may speed up my plans for recovering.

As predicted, our anniversary was very low key (but not in a bad way). Jesse said it was hard for him to really celebrate or 365th day of marriage on a workday. I completely agreed. Instead, we ran some errands and went to Doug Fir for happy hour. This coming weekend we are going to drive out to Tillamook, eat some cheese, and enjoy the Oregon coast. Tonight, for a treat we picked up cupcakes from Saint Cupcake around the corner from our apartment. In honor of our of the banana chocolate layer that we would have saved from our wedding, I picked up the fat elvis and the banana chocolate chip pound cake, as well as the pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting, and chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. They were delicious. We ate all four.

I'll be knee deep in packing materials tomorrow, but hopefully the kitchen will be completely organized and fully functioning!

No comments: