Monday, September 8, 2008

Chairs

Not much time to blog today. I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon (squandering prime free WiFi hotspot time) and we're about to head to Ken's Artisian Bakery for Monday Pizza night. But, a sneak peek at the newest addition to our apartment.

His and her's chairs so we don't have to sit on the floor. As we found out on Sunday, Portland has a host of second hand furniture stores with totally cool furniture (that costs less than Ikea). Mine is a beauty. A rusty orange fabric that rocks AND swivels. Jesse's is stationary, but that's a good thing because he tends to wiggle too much anyway.

A self portrait (taken on our vacuum cleaner box) of us enjoying our finds. We walked down to the Pearl district last night to try out the free internet at Powell's and I window browsed at all of the high-end furniture stores to get upholstery ideas for recreating my little burnt-orange gem. The fabric is a tad scratchy, so I may endeavor to reupholster it mid-winter when I start to lose my mind from all the rain.

The wheels are also turning in the prospective tool department. I have been trying to justify owning this beauty for quite a while. But for now, a last view at the chairs at work. A beautifully set table (courtesy of Jesse), complete with Ikea packing paper table cloth.

2 comments:

ancientindianwizard said...

It does my heart good to see that my little cardboard carpenter is at it again!

BTW totally get that upholstery gun thing.. I started craigslisting air compressors right after following that link!

Brasilliant said...

Oh man, I need to get a job...so I can afford an air compressor.