Saturday, February 21, 2009

Throw an Egg on It

If I had a restaurant (which is completely hypothetical because I totally DO NOT want to run a restaurant), I would have an entire sidebar on my menu called "Throw an Egg on It." This would be a feature you could opt for anytime of the day, but mainly is intended for morning and early afternoon. The customer could order half-portions of certain entrees or double-portions of certain sides and throw on an egg, or two, or three and call it breakfast.

Eggplant Parmesan? Throw an egg on it! Enchiladas? Throw an egg on it! Collard greens? Throw two eggs on it! Or perhaps creamy lima beans? Add an egg, some pepper and a little Cholula and you have a mighty good breakfast. Jesse also thought that we might have another sidebar dedicated especially to hangover cures like cold pizza or any dish plus five strips of bacon -- nothing like greasy food to soothe a troubled tummy and screaming headache.

Jesse didn't land until 12:30 last night, so we're getting a slow start to the day. However, the sun is shining and the air is crisp, so we're going to ride our bikes downtown and run a few errands. We both have 40% off coupons to Borders, so I'm going to pick up a travel guide and Jesse is going to purchase his first beer guide for our September trip to Germany and Belgium. After that, I'm going to start on the King Cake and yeast rolls for tonight's Cajun feast!

8 comments:

Brasilliant said...

I'm sure my mom is gagging at the prospect of enchiladas or collard greens for breakfast. However, it's really good...especially with a couple of eggs!

Thecranewife said...

Chunky spicy tomato sauce with eggs on it= Eggs in Purgatory (so good).

Brasilliant said...

MMM, tasty!

Nightrain said...

Dannnnng. Are you on the NightraiN diet? I down at least 3 (sometimes 6) eggs a day.

When you visit Graham, have him take you to this burger place called The Counter in Santa Monica. You get to build a burger by checking off ingredients from a massive list (link below)... one of the premium toppings is... wait for it... a fried egg.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/menu/

Anonymous said...

OK I'll go for the 2 eggs cooked well, just hold the enchiladas and collard greens.

Amanda said...

I LOVE this post.

Amanda said...

...Maybe partly because "throw an egg on it" makes me hear "Single Ladies" in the back of my head.

Brasilliant said...

If you liked it then you shoulda thrown an egg on it...