Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Love, Hate and Rain

It's been cold and rainy for the past two days. I can only assume this is what February in Portland is supposed to look like (we've had such a wonderful winter that I find it hard to imagine what everyone complains about). However, I had things to do and people to see, so the rain and cold was unavoidable.

I submitted my resume to a temp agency today and hope to pick up some part-time work here and there to keep myself busy. Also, I really do want to get that house and yard sooner than later, so the more money we can put into savings, the closer we will be when the time comes. I kind of dread getting started though -- having to take those stupid typing and word processing proficiency tests is annoying, but I know once that's done, I'll feel good about bringing in a paycheck again.

After having a delicious breakfast of red beans and rice with an egg on it (hey I'm not the only one with great ideas), I headed out to the Portland DMV to get our car title transferred. The trip was successful, but took about 2 hours of waiting with a bunch of weirdos. Anyway, we're legit. The final step necessary to becoming true Oregonians is done! I then went over to Anna's for an afternoon of hanging out. She's in the final days of pregnancy and can't wait for the baby to finally arrive. It was nice to chat with her for a few hours. At this point, I feel like I need to get in all the socializing I can before she and Brian hunker down with the newborn.

I got home from Anna's around dinner time and fixed a bite to eat. Then, I decided to try and finish a photo book of our wedding that I started, oh, a year ago. It's shameful, I know, but better late than never right? One reason that I've dreaded working on it lately is that I have grown to detest my laptop that is plagued by Windows Vista. I'm not sure if I've ever shared the contempt I feel for my computer on this blog, but believe me, the hatred runs true and deep. Since the darn thing has trouble performing mundane tasks like opening the internet and saving Word documents without freezing, the added strain of editing a 600mb photo album is not pretty. In fact, it's physically painful. I think being run over by a dump truck studded with spears would be less painful than finishing this wedding album. Currently, I'm blogging on Jesse's Mac because we need a little time apart. (With that said, I feel I should launch a preemptive strike on all arguments stating that I should just get a Mac. We already have two in the house and I use them now on a regular basis. However, they're not great at EVERYTHING and I'm not ready to convert completely.)

Throughout the process, I keep reminding myself how awesome it will be to have a complete book of photos that contains memories from all three of our celebrations. I'm pretty excited to finally see it in print!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I feel your pain. I haaate Vista.

Deal of the century: A classmate at Brown last year got a new Macbook and sold me her perfectly-ok Powerbook for ONE HUNDRED dollars.

I love the wedding pics I've seen! Your dress, the red-blue combination, the Chicago backdrops, candid grins - so great.