Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Again (For Now)

I picked up Jesse last night from the airport. This time he was flying in from Alaska. We were both pretty exhausted, so I fixed a bite to eat and we collapsed in bed. Despite our exhaustion, neither of us slept very well -- Jesse's restlessness from anxiety about his presentation today, mine from excitement.

I got a phone call yesterday from the architecture firm where I have been consulting for the past few months. There's a new proposal that seems to be pretty perfect and they're going fo
r it, with me as the historian. I can hardly express how excited I am at the prospect of more work (other than temping) and there's lots to be done between now and March 12th when the proposal is due. In fact, I may have to fly down to San Francisco for a couple of days to work with the marketing team. Rad! I spent most of yesterday afternoon reading through the materials and preparing for a conference call that I have this afternoon.

On the craft front, while Jesse was enjoying the breathtaking scenery of Alaska (I'll post photos tomorrow), I was busy finishing up a few books, but also working on a number of sewing projects. I initially started this one for someone else, but I like the color combination so much that I think I might just keep it for myself! It's the same pattern as Ava's quilt, but a very different color scheme. It occurred to me that I made our bedroom quilt a little over two years ago, so I've been thinking that we're due for a change. Or maybe it would just make a good throw for the living room? I haven't decided yet, but can't wait to continue making squares to see how it develops.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on the job!

And the quilt is off to a nice start. The aqua really pops.

Nightrain said...

Did someone say San Francisco?