Friday, April 10, 2009

Mental Health Day

Today started off on a bad note around 5:30am when I woke up to sirens and whir of speeding police cars. I'm not sure where they were going, but they were getting there at lightning speed. I then woke up to Jesse's clock alarm at 6:00am. Usually, this is something that I recover from relatively quickly. Rolling over and zonking out is not usually a problem for me. However, the garbage/recycling truck came by to empty the dumpster promptly at 6:30am and then the street cleaning crew showed up around 45 minutes after that.

I was happy to get up and get my morning coffee (that Jesse thoughtfully prepared and placed in the refrigerator for me) and just chill for a few minutes before facing the world. Then, around 9am, my neighbor (that I have grown to hate more and more lately) started playing his 1990s punk music at full volume and continued to do so until just a few minutes ago. I have talked to him twice about it (after 11pm) when we were either trying to sleep or watching a movie and could hear our walls pounding over a full-volume action flick. He always says he's sorry -- and I do think that he is -- but then I think he forgets and starts up again a couple of weeks after each encounter. I'd give him a pass, chalking it up to him being a stupid, oafish guy, but he's a doctor for god's sake. It's not rocket science (or brain surgery in this case). Turn the volume knob to the left butthead!

I've made the executive decision that I should probably just get out of the house for the afternoon, so I'm off to the library to pick up a couple of books on hold. I will then take myself to a cafe for a second cup of coffee and have an early lunch to try and recover from this morning's activities. I think I will also stop by the hardware store to pick up a couple of rolls of duct tape. No, not to use on my neighbor (although the thought did cross my mind this morning). My Mom alerted me to an awesome project that I want to try this weekend. With a little coaxing, Jesse agreed to be my assistant. I'll have an awesome spring/summer wardrobe in no time!

No comments: