Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April Showers

I know I sound like a broken record, but Portland's springtime weather is weird. The past few days have been really cold. It's so strange, because it should be warm and beautiful. I mean, look at the trees! They're exploding with blossoms. It looks like there was a giant pink wedding all over our neighborhood. Even the trash cans are lovely and pink with petals.

Today I took a walk to 23rd Avenue to send out a FedEx package for Jesse and decided to do a little window shopping.
I stopped in at the Paper Source, one of the few stores that compel me to spend lots of money for no good reason. I am helpless in it's grasp, so I try to only go in when I have a specific item to purchase. It is also one of those stores that Jesse swears sucks oxygen out of his lungs -- that and shopping malls. Therefore, I choose to go alone. I spent about 30 minutes just looking and dreaming. It was nice, I picked up a lot of good ideas and left the store empty handed. I'm pretty sure that was a first!

I walked down the street to head home and was pulled into another shop, as if by gravity. It was Moonstruck Chocolatier. I know from experience that they love to give samples. Lucky day! I am not averse to trying samples! I tasted a raspberry Chambord truffle that was out of this world. They are smart, those Moonstruck ladies, because I never leave the store without a goody or two for later. I mean, I did it for Jesse. He'd be really sad that he missed out on chocolate. So, I picked out a milk chocolate banana truffle, and a Tuaca liqueur truffle with caramel. Did I mention that I am a mere selfless creature and bought the chocolates just for Jesse? They're being reserved for after dinner, but have been tempting me all afternoon.

As for now, I have a large task at hand. Graham, Jesse's youngest (yet tallest) brother, is arriving sometime tomorrow and the apartment needs a good cleaning. I think the truffles will be a nice reward for vacuuming and scrubbing the bathroom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I waited to read your blog today and not last evening. I wanted chocolate and there was none in the apartment, not even semi-sweet morsels.

Thecranewife said...

According to our wedding guest book, Graham is also the "strongest" brother.

Brasilliant said...

I'm not so sure about that claim. Jesse still holds his own in the ritual brother sumo matches.

Amanda said...

Those truffles make me feel sick because I just ate too much cake. But on a positive note, "exploding" is my favorite word for spring. Spring in Providence was explosive. The most amazing I'd ever seen.