Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Marvel at the Masterpiece

My dress experiment is complete. I certainly can't complain anymore that I don't have a thing to wear to Ben & Daphne's wedding in May. The Vogue pattern fit almost perfectly right out of the envelope. At $20-30 a pattern, I guess you get what you pay for! I'm so happy with the results, I can hardly wait wear it out. I still haven't hemmed the skirt or pulled out a few of the basting stitches that are poking thorough, but even Jesse agrees, it certainly doesn't look like a $35 dress.

I'm already plotting to make another (maybe this time without the sash) and will adjust the neckline to be a v-shape or maybe even square. So awesome! Sewing rocks!

7 comments:

Thecranewife said...

Holy dude! You are amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Nightrain said...

If Jess says more than 35, I SAY MORE THAN 35!!

Ann MT said...

Erin! it looks amazing! I marvel at your mad sewing skillz.

Anonymous said...

EB, the dress is stunning. When can I place my order? ;)

Happy Thursday.
L

Amanda said...

Love it. So chic!

Brasilliant said...

Thanks! I think I'm genetically disposed to sewing. My mom must have rubbed off on me.

Aron said...

Wow! Well done!