Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No News

The fetal monitoring appointment went well yesterday. Baby G vigorously kicked and rolled through the 20-minute session, as if to punctuate the fact that he's never coming out. I closed my eyes and imagined a tiny middle finger directed at all of us out here who are anxiously awaiting his appearance. The baby's amniotic fluid levels are just fine too, in fact, he kept sticking his foot in one of the pockets, so that it couldn't really be fully measured and the total still came out high. I'm scheduled to go in again on Friday for another monitoring session -- an appointment I hope I will not have to keep.

In the mean time, we're both trying to keep busy in order to take our minds off the anticipation. The Timbers have a home game tomorrow night and I fully intend to waddle my pregnant butt over there and cheer with the best of them. We're going to try a little reverse psychology. If I pretend the baby doesn't exist, then maybe he'll seek out my attention on the outside! I don't care if my water breaks at PGE Park and we have to head directly to the hospital, Timbers scarf in hand. I am tired of waiting. So I might as well have some fun.

4 comments:

Thecranewife said...

You should ground him right after he gets here. I have already grounded Calvin several times, for such infractions as not falling asleep and repeatedly poking my face in the middle of the night.

Brasilliant said...

Any effective strategies for grounding a newborn?

Thecranewife said...

Just look him in the eye and in a stern tone of voice say, "You are grounded." (If you're really serious, add a "Young man.")

Because he cannot crawl or walk or really go anywhere of his own volition, you are really just pointing out the obvious, but it may help you feel better. Also, you can choose to save the grounding for his 13th birthday.

Anonymous said...

You must use his first and middle name if you want him to know you mean business.