Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby? What Baby?

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Today, not so much. I had to call in and schedule an appointment with the midwife for Tuesday (one week from my last appointment). I have been putting it off hoping that it was a phone call that I wouldn't have to make. As I sat on hold with the receptionist I fought back tears, but broke down and cried when I got the email confirmation that I have a 1:30pm visit on August 31st. AUGUST 31st. It's official. I'm never having this baby. He'll likely gestate for another few years and come out a moody teenager in desperate need of braces and a haircut.

So, just amuse yourself with photos of dinner. Again. That's all I have to show for my day, photos of a salad made with stuff from our CSA. For variety, I've switched up my beverage. Instead of water I'm enjoying a crisp black cherry soda. Oh, and our salad has beans in addition to corn and tomatoes. We are living on the edge here on Flanders Street.

Actually, all hope is not lost. We're heading out soon to see what may be our last Timbers game for the season. I'm going to round out my healthy first course of salad with a giant PGE Park hot dog smothered in ketchup and mustard. I managed to eek out a smile while J practiced using our camera. Sadly, my Timbers colored t-shirt no longer fits, so I'll have to overcompensate with extra enthusiasm tonight.

4 comments:

Brasilliant said...

I was not impressed with the Austin Aztex. They fell a lot and in general were a bunch of whiners. Boo. But the Timbers played an awesome game to a nearly sold out stadium. So much fun.

Ashley said...

Awh, this kid! Oy vey!
I was thinking you might have switched to beer. Or Vodka.

I'm sure it's nothing compared to your anticipation, but I'm jumping to check your link each time I see you've posted! Can't wait...

Thecranewife said...

We are thinking good, laborious thoughts for the three of you, here in Santa Cruz. Come on out and greet the world little man, it can't wait to meet you!

ve1cro said...

Love the Yuengling shirt. I am totally going to rock mine this weekend.

Holy crap, I just found out you're having a baby. Congrats!