Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bags Packed

Well, the bags are mostly packed. All we have to do is throw in our cell phones, laptop, chargers, and last minute toiletries, which are all noted on my handy checklist. I tried to keep the checklist to a minimum, opting not to rely on the internet guides that would require us to mount a luggage carrier on the roof of our Mazda to cart all of the "essentials". I swear, you'd think that some of these women were planning for the apocalypse and packing to go off the grid for a few years. One blogger even suggested that I bring along a package of note cards to stay up-to-date on thank-you's for baby gifts. I can just picture it, "J, for the love of god, please stop talking about my breathing. I need to get this thank-you note finished before I transition."

Basically, we have a change of clothes for me, J and Baby G, a few snacks, and a some toiletries as suggested by the hospital. In the spirit of full disclosure, I am including my hairdryer and make-up bag in the basic items category. Don't judge. If I'm going to potentially work harder than I ever have in my life and have photos for posterity to prove it, then dammit I want to look cute the next day. You know who else will look cute? The baby. We're bringing along two outfits for his debut, one for the hot sweltering weather we've had for the past few days and one for the cold, rainy weather that is predicted for the next week. They're insanely tiny and Jesse refuses to believe that he was that small at one time. 


Now the only thing left to do is wait!

3 comments:

Nightrain said...

Will it be a monkey day or a dinosaur day? ...only the weather can tell.

Anonymous said...

I think MANY snacks should be packed. Jesse might get hungry helping you with breathing and relaxation techniques.

Thecranewife said...

I'm voting for monkey day. What better way to spend a rainy day than in labor?