Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baby Watch Day 8

Yesterday I passed the 41 week mark -- a milestone that I was convinced I would not reach last Thursday at my centering group appointment. So, I'm scheduled to go in today for an appointment with the midwife at 2pm to check in and develop a game plan for the next week. I also have a non stress test at 3pm to monitor my contractions and the baby's heart rate to make sure that he's handling them well. The midwives assured me that there is only a very small fraction of babies who scare/annoy the crap out of their parents by going post-term (42 weeks). I would expect no less from our child.

I think an ultrasound is also on the agenda today to make sure that my amniotic fluid is sufficient to let him continue to hang out for a few more days. I keep checking out this photo on our refrigerator reminding myself that he'll come along when he's ready (and not a minute sooner), but it's pretty hard to be patient! J and I are actually looking forward to the appointments this afternoon. Since I can't have the satisfaction of holding him in my arms, I can at least see him pummel my organs on a high definition screen. Maybe I'll bring along some popcorn and we'll make it a date night.

2 comments:

Thecranewife said...

You should try some reverse psychology on him. Be like, "Yeah, it's pretty lame out here, nothin' to see, nothin' to eat." Trickery!

Aron said...

looks like a cutie already! :)