Monday, May 10, 2010

So Sore

A friend of mine passed along an email earlier this week that a local fitness studio was having a Mother's Day special of free prenatal classes in the Pearl District. I emailed to reserve a spot and was surprised to find that they still had room (in D.C. if you signed up for anything free you had to do it within 5 seconds of a public posting or you were out of luck).

It was a beautiful day yesterday, so I took a nice stroll to 10th & Marshall, not knowing exactly what to expect. I've taken yoga classes before, which never really seemed to do it for me, however I realize that I've not done any strength training at all during my pregnancy and am feeling pretty soft these days. Barre3 intrigued me because it boasts that it's "where ballet barre meets yoga and pilates," and that's exactly what I got from the class. It totally kicked my butt (in a good way). We stretched and strengthened nearly every muscle in my body with exercises modified specifically for pregnancy. I left feeling totally spent, but not exhausted.

This morning I woke up very aware of every muscle in my body, but I can't wait to sign up again for next weekend!

(photo from Barre 3)

No comments: