Monday, May 17, 2010

27 Weeks

27 weeks today. Let the third trimester begin!

According to my books, the baby's eyes are no longer fused shut and his brain is very active. Weighing in at about 2 pounds and 14.5 inches from head to heel, he's still got a bit of room in there to explore. Last night as I was trying to go to sleep, I felt the patter of little feet under my ribs. I rolled over and turned on the light to find my belly heaving from left to right. I'm guessing he was launching with his legs from the right side of my ribcage and letting his head bounce off somewhere just above my left hip. I'm so fortunate to have a round the clock personal game of internal organ pinball.


Now I'm off to work to kick off a very busy week!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Seriously, the hair! My mom's hair turned dark, dark brown when she was pregnant with me. Yours looks good, whatever the reason.

Thecranewife said...

We are so excited to see you (and hopefully feel GWBG) next week! You look gorgeous!

Ashley said...

You look beautiful! Sounds so fun--internal organ ping pong!

Brasilliant said...

My hair looks dark because of the new camera. In real life it's still my usual dirty blonde color. I haven't had time to play around with the color/exposure settings to see if I can fix that difference.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You look great. Happy to hear baby G is very active. And loved the photo of the boots & moccasins sent along from Auntie Jean. Bob