Friday, May 14, 2010

Little Things

It's been a busy week! That seems to be the story of my life lately, but I'm not complaining. Work has been hectic gearing up for our final lecture of the season and this school term is barreling to an end. I've also submitted another fee proposal for some consulting work, so juggling three work/school schedules in addition to my personal life has been interesting.

Yesterday, I had another prenatal appointment and everything is going well. Baby G decided to play nice this time with the doppler and only rolled around a few times while trying to find his heartbeat, instead of kicking the wand incessantly. His rolls and kicks are getting noticeably stronger and more frequent these days. Just before J left for his epic business trip this week, we were just hanging out in the morning when all of the sudden my belly leaned to the left and went hard in one spot. The misshapen stomach was coupled with a shooting pain in my bladder. We couldn't tell if it was his head or his rump, but he was definitely stretching out and telling me to get out of bed already so I could make some more room for his antics.

I've been sorting through a few baby things that we've gotten from family and friends, since we now have a great new piece of furniture where they can be stored. J's aunt sent over a couple of things, including a pair of mini cowboy boots and some moccasins. I have to admit, I crack up every time I see them. Baby G will be much more stylish than either of his parents.

It's hard to believe that in just three months we will finally get to meet this little person who will no doubt rule our household for quite a while. I'm extremely excited to see what he looks like an figure out his personality, but oh man, there's so much do do before he arrives!

2 comments:

Thecranewife said...

Hooray for GWBG! We can't wait to meet you little man!

It's important that your baby dresses better than you do, as I've found that way everyone is too busy checking out his cuteness to notice that you've been wearing the same sweat pants for three days.

Aron said...

So exciting!