Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bamberg: Day 11

Sunday, September 13th

Something happened yesterday that I didn't think possible -- we hit the beer wall (so to speak). Bamberg was lovely to explore, but after a filling lunch of stewed wild rabbit, giant potato dumpling, and red cabbage kraut (accompanied by a half liter of dark beer) I was officially over German food and drink.

When dinner time rolled around, we were so desperate for vegetables (or anything not stuffed in a casing) that we stopped in an Italian cafe that promised homemade noodles. I had a fettucine dish with fresh tomatoes, zucchini, white fish, and pine nuts. It was really amazing and I have plans to try and replicate it when we're back home. It also left me full, but not like I had consumed two fists of lead. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed every minute of our time in Germany. However, we're going to need major food detox when back in Portland.

No comments: