Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Monday

J and I had a pretty good weekend. The weather was decent for noticeable periods of time and we got to take a few walks outside during this time of year when the first daffodils spring to life, the birds begin to tweet, and J sneezes his way through eight boxes of tissues. Yes, the extra time in the great outdoors confirmed that J's cold was in fact compounded by his seasonal allergies. Let me rephrase, it's that time of year when I wake up one morning bleary-eyed, wringing my hands (after the sneezing, snorting, and snoring all night) and threaten to kick him out of the house if he doesn't go-to-the-damn-allergist-already. The doctor's office opens in one hour. I am counting the minutes. 

As for M, for the past few days, he has been noticeably less social. I think it's due in part to the fact that he's not been sleeping well from his stuffy nose, but also is working on popping out a tooth on the bottom. Poor little guy seems to be in a good deal of discomfort. That didn't stop him from exploring this weekend though at our friends' house. He took the time to explore all of their nooks, but liked the space under their sink the most.

Today, I'm feeling a bit like M, wishing that I had a nice cozy nook to crawl into. I was hoping Monday might shape up to be as productive as the weekend, but I've already hit a few roadblocks. I was up at 5am (for reasons I'm still not sure of) and found out that DEQ is closed. Seriously? On a Monday? Renewing our car registration was the major tasks for the day. In addition, the weather channel is predicting a 70% chance of rain and misery and as I type, M is bearing down to take the largest poo of his life in the nice fresh cloth diaper. Like I said, still hopeful that this Monday will turn out alright.

1 comment:

ca dmv registration said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.